Naggar, located about 22km south of Manali, was the capital of the erstwhile Kullu rajas. The Castle in Naggar was the seat of the kings for centuries, having been in existance since 1460 AD, after it was constructed by Raja Sidh Singh of Kullu.
The castle is an impressive structure made of stone and wood, following the traditional Himalayan architecture, with European influences. Finely carved woodwork comprising doors, floors, stair cases and parapet walls, is the notable feature of the castle. There is a spacious courtyard in the centre of the building. There are religious shrines within the premises as well.
Lately, the castle has been converted into a heritage hotel by the state's tourism department.